This course focuses on defining, executing, and improving the sales and operations planning (S&OP) process. Participants will be introduced to the appropriate stakeholders of S&OP, the importance of S&OP to corporate performance, S&OP cadence, and the use of decision support tools to bring S&OP to the next level. Business cases will be used to show concrete examples of companies where S&OP is effectively applied.
Who Should Attend?
Chief operating officers, supply chain, sales, marketing and finance management executives (Directors, VPs, EVPs), supply chain and logistics managers, consultants, supervisors, planners, and engineers, supply chain education and human resource management personnel, inventory and demand planners, procurement and sourcing analysts and managers, and manufacturing planners, analysts, and managers
How Will You Benefit?
- Understand the need for an S&OP cycle in a company.
- Apply principles key to success of an S&OP process
- Experience true market examples relevant to their businesses
What Is Covered?
- Defining the S&OP process before adopting technology
- The advantages of value based and reality based S&OP
- Why S&OP needs to be integrated closely with operational planning
- What is the scope of each role in the S&OP Cycle
- What are the most valuable outputs and results of the S&OP Cycle
- How can technology enable companies to take performance to the next level
- Hands-on use of decision support tools that are used to support the S&OP Cycle