Learn to apply lean six sigma in a supply chain environment to increase customer value and generate measured business results.
*This is an accelerated version of our popular program that is condensed to 7 weeks (vs 12). Requires an average of 2 hours per week for self-paced content and 1 hour per week for coaching calls.
*Take advantage of the Early Bird rate through April 15th!
PROGRAM LENGTH: May 11 - Jun 22, 2020
FORMAT: On-Demand Online Coursework + Instructor-Led Virtual Coaching (Weekly) + Individual/Group Project
PROJECT DUE FOR CERTIFICATION: Early August
Lean and six sigma are industry-recognized philosophies for business improvement. While six sigma is highly process-focused, supply chain is focused on the entire value stream, from process to process. This can present challenges in applying six sigma in a supply chain environment. This course will break that barrier by teaching professionals how to apply lean six sigma to the supply chain in order to increase customer value and ultimately, generate measured business results. Through self-paced online coursework, virtual coaching sessions, and an improvement project, students will learn the skills, knowledge, and tools consistent with industry expectations of a certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Weekly self-paced online coursework (1 module per week, 7 total)
- Weekly 1-hour virtual group coaching sessions to review prior week's online coursework and discuss application (7 total)
- Completed application project using the DMAIC process to generate real, measured results
- We've seen projects on everything from HR issues, to customer call center turnarounds, to box picking and on-time delivery!
- Up to 3 hours of individual coaching calls per person for project support
- Weekly applied learning assignments (part of take-home workbook)
- Course completion certificates issued after passing a final exam and submitting project work
What Is Covered?
- Articulate and apply lean and six sigma concepts and tools
- Utilize structured problem-solving and project management tools and techniques
- Identify waste and define a solution for process improvement and cost reduction
- Lead projects that require an intermediate level of analytical rigor
- Assist with data collection and analysis for Lean Six Sigma projects
- Connect project results with corporate financial performance
BONUS CONTENT: Students will have full access to our resource center, which includes downloadable lean tools and document templates, as well as a full DMAIC workbook with examples and a project guide.