Supply Chain Management projects can span a wide range of project types including supply chain strategy, network analysis, facility design build, supply chain technology selection and implementation, and continuous process improvement initiatives.
This course provides an overview of project management methodologies as applied in the supply chain environment. Class discussion and projects provide an understanding of how fundamental project management approaches and industry best practices can be used to effectively manage the complexities.
Supply chain projects typically require managing resources, stakeholder alignment, risk management, customer impact, and effective communication across many internal and external business partners.
How Will You Benefit?
- Identify the business processes and functional organizations impacted by specific types of supply chain projects
- Understand the leading project methodologies and why complex supply chain projects require elements from each to be successful
- Understand the components of Project Management Book of Knowledge and how they can be applied in the supply chain environment
- Define project requirements and expectations for supply chain projects
- Develop the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for supply chain projects
- Identify the critical path for a project from its network diagram
- Be able to form and deploy a supply chain project team
- Understand how to assess, manage, and mitigate project risk
- Properly monitor, control, and close the project
What is Covered?
- Overview of Leading Project Management Methodologies & Certifications
- Types of Supply Chain Projects – Process/Functional Impacts
- PMBOK knowledge areas in context of Supply Chain Projects
- Overview of PMBOK knowledge areas in context of Supply Chain Projects
- Overview of Business Process Analysis and the SCOR model
- Defining the Project & the Effective Supply Chain Project Manager
- Why Supply Chain Projects Fail
- Defining Supply Chain Project Requirements, Teams, Roles & Responsibilities
- Traditional Phases of a Supply Chain Project
- Developing the Work Breakdown Structure for SC Projects
- Review of the Supply Chain Work Breakdown Structure
- The use of Software to Support Project Management
- Estimating Cost, Duration, and Resources
- Resource Management & Developing Dependency Diagrams
- Defining, Assessing, & Mitigating Risk
- Monitoring & Controlling the Project Plan
- Closing the Project