Part of the Lean Warehousing Virtual Training Series
ON DEMAND (Original Air Date: Thu, Jul 11, 2019 | 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM EST)
Date: Thu, Jul 11, 2019 | 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM EST
Length: 45-Minute Instruction, 15-Minute Q&A
Format: Virtual Classroom (Online Web Meeting)
Included: Interactive Exercises and Downloadable Template(s)
In warehousing, strong and stable processes are critical. Without them, customer service would suffer and there would be no baseline for improvement.
In this course, attendees will learn the importance of process stability and the causes of variation. This course also reviews concepts and tools that can be used to assess and improve the stability of a process.
During this course, attendees will:
- Learn how to measure process stability
- Compare common cause variation vs. uncommon cause variation
- Discuss the causes and effects of variation
- Understand how to allocate resources to takt
- Explore ways to improve stability
Receive a 10% Discount and Earn a Lean Warehousing Certificate: Purchase the Whole Series as a Package
Instructor: Tom Kinder, Lean Deployment Executive
More About The Lean Warehousing Virtual Training Series:
- Live, instructor-led, 45-minute short courses on design, material flow, management systems and more.
- Taught bi-weekly by the LeanCor team of consultants who are transforming our clients' warehouses with proven lean best practices.
- Complete all eight courses and earn a Lean Warehousing certificate. (Or, just take the courses you need.)
- Topics include (in order of schedule):
- Principles of the Lean Warehouse and Customer Value
- Behavior-Based Safety
- Process Design for Material and Information Flow
- Warehouse Layout and Technology
- Strategic Inventory Management: Plan For Every Part (PFEP)
- Stability Tools – Takt Time and Resource Allocation
- Lean Management Systems: Visual Management, 5S and Standard Work
- Relentless Continuous Improvement in the Warehouse