Learn to apply lean six sigma in a supply chain environment to increase customer value and generate measured business results.
DATE: Oct 8 - Jan 7 2019 (12 Weeks)
FORMAT: Self-Paced Online Modules + Virtual Instructor-Led Group Coaching Sessions (Weekly)
Lean and six sigma are industry-recognized philosophies for business improvement. While six sigma is highly process-focused, supply chain is focused on the entire value stream, from process to process. This can present challenges in applying six sigma in a supply chain environment. This course will break that barrier by teaching professionals how to apply lean six sigma to the supply chain in order to increase customer value and ultimately, generate measured business results. Through self-paced online coursework, virtual coaching sessions, and an improvement project, students will learn the skills, knowledge, and tools consistent with industry expectations of a certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
- 12 Weeks total
- Weekly self-paced online course work
- Bi-weekly 1-hour virtual group coaching sessions (7 total)
- Weekly applied learning assignments (part of take-home workbook)
- 2 individual, 30-min coaching calls per person
- Participants will complete a project using the DMAIC process to generate real, measured results
- Course completion certificates will be issued after passing a final exam and submitting project work
What Is Covered?
- Articulate and apply lean and six sigma concepts and tools
- Utilize structured problem-solving and project management tools and techniques
- Identify waste and define a solution for process improvement and cost reduction
- Lead projects that require an intermediate level of analytical rigor
- Assist with data collection and analysis for Lean Six Sigma projects
- Connect project results with corporate financial performance
BONUS CONTENT: Students will have full access to our resource center, which includes downloadable lean tools and document templates, as well as a full DMAIC workbook with examples and a project guide.